$1,000 Lydecker Diaz Scholarship
College students represent the next generation and future of our profession. We want to support those who are passionate about and seeking a career in law. That’s why we have established the $1,000 Lydecker Diaz scholarship.
How to Apply
Each applicant must submit an email to scholarship (at) lydeckerdiaz (dot) com (email@example.com) with the following information:
- Applicant’s name, address, phone number, and the university or institute of attendance as of September 1, 2018.
- ESSAY QUESTION: In 500 words or less answer why you were BORN to practice law? Or, what area of law would you practice in should you decide to practice law? Beyond money or notoriety, what will be your purpose in law?
- Your essay attached as a PDF
- Responses are due by November 30th at 9 AM EST.
- Your name, address, and phone number, the name of the school you are attending, your current course of study and the best way to contact you should be within the email body.
We will review your application and select a winner by December 15, 2018. You will be chosen based on:
- Your ability to follow the instructions above correctly without calling or emailing us with questions (see official rules here)
- Answering essay questions in 500 words or less
- Your writing skills
- How your response compels us
The Lydecker | Diaz Scholarship 2018 is open to any student enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program by September 1, 2018 at any accredited U.S. college, university or institute.
Current Lydecker Diaz employees or the immediate family of current Lydecker Diaz employees are not eligible for entry. All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
The scholarship award will be issued directly to your college or university.
Protection of Your Information
We will not distribute, sell or provide third parties with your information. All emails and applications will be permanently deleted on December 15th. Your information is strictly for scholarship purposes.
Usage of Your Name
By submitting your essay response, you are giving Lydecker Diaz permission to use your name or essay on the blog of our website, our company newsletter, or other social media channels to announce you as the winner. Only the winner will be announced.
Failure to Respond
If you fail to respond within 7 days, we will choose another winner. We issue the money to the school directly and can be used towards fees or expenses associated with your education.
About Lydecker Diaz
Lydecker | Diaz is a Full-Service AV-rated national law firm with offices throughout New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida.