Your $1,000 Lydecker Diaz Scholarship
The team of attorneys at Lydecker Diaz all experienced the high costs associated with pursuing a law degree. We’re aware that you and your families will face even higher costs. As the next generation of legal professionals, you represent the future or our industry and we want to partner with you on your journey. To help you achieve your goals of practicing law, we have the $1,000 Lydecker Diaz Scholarship.
The 2018-2019 Question to Answer
To participate in the contest, we need you to write in 500-words or less the answer the following question:
Why were you BORN to practice law? What evidence do you have to KNOW beyond a reason of a doubt, that this is the profession you were called to? How do you feel CALLED to the legal industry? Beyond money or notoriety, what will be your purpose in law?
The $1,000 Lydecker Diaz Scholarship is open to any current or incoming law students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program (1L, 2L, 3L) by July 1, 2018 at any accredited ABA-Approved Law School. To see if your school is eligible, please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_education/resources/aba_approved_law_schools/in_alphabetical_order.html
Current Lydecker Diaz employees or the immediate family of current Lydecker Diaz employees are not eligible for entry. All applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
The scholarship award will be issued directly to your college or university.
How to Apply
Each applicant must submit an essay of 500 words or less that includes the following:
- Applicant’s name, address, phone number, and the university or institute of attendance as of July 1, 2018.
- ESSAY QUESTION: Why were you BORN to practice law?
- Send your essay attachment as a PDF in an email to scholarship (at) lydeckerdiaz (dot) com.
- Emails are due by July 31, 2018 at 9 AM EST.
- The email body should also contain Your name, address, and phone number, the name of the school you are attending or planning on attending, your current course of study and the best way to contact you
We will review your applications and select a winner by August 15, 2018. You will be chosen based on
- Your ability to follow the instructions above correctly without calling or emailing us with questions (see official rules here)
- Sticking to 500 words or less
- Your writing skills
- How your response compels us
Protection of Your Information
We will not distribute, sell or provide third parties with your information. All emails and applications will be permanently deleted on August 15th. Your information is strictly for the scholarship.
Usage of Your Name
By submitting your essay response, you are giving Lydecker Diaz permission to use your name or essay on the blog of our website, our company newsletter, or other social media channels to announce you as the winner. Only the winner will be announced.
Failure to Respond
If you fail to respond within 7 days, we will choose another winner. We issue the money to the school directly and can be used towards fees or expenses associated with your education.
About Lydecker Diaz
Lydecker | Diaz is a Full-Service AV-rated national law firm with offices throughout New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida.